PORT AUTHORITY TRANS-HUDSON COPORATION - Contract PAT-024.204 – PATH – Replacement of the Hackensack Bridge Controls–
Notice Summary :
PORT AUTHORITY TRANS-HUDSON CORPORATION
INVITATION TO BID
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has temporarily ceased public bid openings and will allow for the digital submission of bids using the Bonfire platform, located at the link below.
Bidders MUST register in order to download bid documents and associated information regarding the below referenced solicitation and in order to upload bid submissions.
Registration on Bonfire platform requires a separate and distinct registration from all other Authority platforms.
Contract PAT-024.204 -
PATH – Replacement of the Hackensack Bridge Controls
Estimate Range: $5M - $10M
Bids Due: Thursday, March 4, 2021
Sealed bids for the following contract will be received by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, until 2:30 PM on the date indicated.
PATH shall accept only those bids in electronic format for which the submission or modification is completed at the time of the Bid Due Date. Bid submissions will be accepted by upload only, at https://panynj.bonfirehub.com/portal/?tab=login and must be uploaded and received by PATH by 2:30 PM EST on the date indicated in order to be considered. Hand deliveries and mailed deliveries (e.g., UPS, USPS) will not be accepted. PATH may request an original, signed paper submission at any time following the Bid Due Date. If requested, such original, signed paper submission must be identical to the electronic submission. In the event of a discrepancy, the electronic submission shall control.
Contract documents will no longer be available for purchase at the Contract Desk on the 1st Floor, 2 Montgomery Street, Jersey City. Prospective bidders may obtain contract documents by downloading the documents directly from the Bonfire platform, by logging in to Bonfire after completing a one-time new vendor registration. The contract documents will be made available electronically to the prospective bidder at no cost, as soon as they become available. For availability of contract documents, go tohttps://www.panynj.gov/port-authority/en/business-opportunities/solicitations- advertisements/Construction.html. Questions by prospective bidders concerning the contract should be directed only to the person whose name and phone number is listed.
Contract PAT-024.204 – PATH – Replacement of the Hackensack Bridge Controls– Estimate Range: $5M - $10M. Bids Due: Thursday, March 4, 2021. The work under this contract consists generally of removal of existing relay- based electrical control system, control desk and instrumentation, thyristor motor drives, wound-rotor motors, and related components; furnishing and installation of Programmable Logic Controller system, control desk and instrumentation, variable frequency motor drives, inverter duty motors, fiber optic aerial droop cables, bridge lightning protection system and related work at PATH's Hackensack River Vertical-Lift Bridge and the vicinity thereof in Hudson County, New Jersey. For questions, call Megan Connors at (212) 435-4663 or email – email@example.com.
This Contract contains Prerequisites:
A. The bidder must be able to demonstrate the following. The bidder may also qualify for 1. and 2. below if the bidder or persons or entities owning and controlling the bidding firm shall have satisfactorily met the requirements as owning and controlling another firm.
1. That the bidder has substantially completed at least three movable bridge contracts comparable in size, type, and complexity to the work in this Contract within the previous 15 years.
2. That the bidder’s full-time Project Manager and Superintendent shall each have a minimum of ten years' construction experience, and each shall have acted as Project Manager and Superintendent respectively on at least two projects of size, type, and complexity to the work of this Contract within the previous ten years.
3. That the entity performing the movable bridge control system work has experience in providing electrical control systems for movable bridges and shall be able to identify a minimum of five vertical lift movable bridges for which the system entity has provided complete systems, including solid-state drive motor control and programmable logic controllers, within the past ten years.
4. That the entity performing the electrical control system work has experience in a minimum of three movable bridge electrical control system installations performing work comparable in size, type, and complexity to the work of this Contract within the previous ten years.
5. That the entity performing the span motors work has experience in a minimum of three movable bridges motors installations performing work comparable in size, type, and complexity to the work of this Contract within the previous ten years.
A Bid submitted by a bidder who does not meet the prerequisite Qualification Information requirements will be considered non-responsive and the bidder's Bid will not be eligible for acceptance by the Authority.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (Port Authority), in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
Additionally, all bidders (including proposers, and respondents, as applicable) are notified that the Port Authority will ensure that, with respect to any contract/agreement entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises, minority business enterprises and woman-owned business enterprises, as applicable, will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids, proposals and responses, as applicable, in response to this invitation, and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.